At Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) International Study Centre, you will find a wider range of pathways for international students. These pathways lead to subjects ranked highly in the UK university league tables.
As much time as you need to succeed
LJMU International Study Centre offers the International Foundation Year, International Year One and the Pre-Masters. If you need more time to prepare for your undergraduate degree, you can choose the extended International Foundation Year or International Year One.
- International Foundation Year – progressing to undergraduate year 1
- International Year One – progressing to undergraduate year 2
- Pre–Masters – progressing to postgraduate study
If you need more time
- Extended International Foundation Year
- Extended International Year One
“I wanted to study in the UK because of its worldwide reputation. After I finish my International Foundation Year in the ISC, I want to progress onto Architecture at LJMU. I love the installations in the University’s Art and Design Academy building and I believe that British architecture is amongst the best in the world.”
Carlos from Colombia
Studied International Foundation Year in Engineering, Computing and Life Sciences
Progressed to BA (Hons) Architecture
Your pathway at the International Study Centre will lead to an excellent career-focused degree at the University. Learn more about progression degrees.
Access to high ranking subjects at LJMU
7th – Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism*
11th – General Engineering*
25th – Sports Science*
Top 100 in the world – sports-related subjects^
*The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
^QS World Rankings 2017
New for 2017
Discover the benefits of the Combined VISA for Pre-Masters Programme:
- You only need one visa for the full duration of your studies.
- You do not need the IELTs for UKBI to join the programme.
- You do not need to take an IELTS test before starting a Masters degree.
- You do not need a visa if you go home between courses.